Thursday 13 October 2011

Geometric System

I have a bit of a thing about tattoos; I have three myself, and I find them really appealing and visually compelling on other people. It's the one style choice that everybody feels prompted to explore and interrogate - when, where, why did you get it done? It's so cool that an aesthetic choice is capable of prompting so much fascination and so much intensity of feeling.

My husband is currently in the process of getting a full sleeve finished, and it's coming on beautifully. It's made up of three interlocking pieces, and I have taken a few pics of it as it has developed over the past few months.


The pieces will eventually all be joined together to create a coherent whole, and there's a lot more shading to complete at each stage, but I love it already. And I've noticed how bad ass it makes all of his outfits look; he just throws on a T-shirt and looks like a style icon. I'd say that's money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment