Tuesday 11 October 2011

Wrap it Up: Winter Coats

To continue my current Winter obsession - where's the snow already?! - I thought I'd do a quick post on outerwear. There are some really gorgeous coats out there at the moment. I've tried on the blue Topshop number, but unfortunately my curves rather mess up its clean, masculine line. It would be a great choice for a woman with a more athletic build, though. I love the leather sleeves and the biker-girl detailing on the Full Circle coat (and it's an absolute bargain!), but the René Derhy coat has to be my favourite. 


Blue parka by Réne Derhy, €163

Full Circle wool mix coat from the current sale at Cocosa, £51

Boyfriend Coat by Topshop, £85
The blue parka looks soft, cosy, and forgiving, but it's also visually interesting. The colour is offbeat, the buckles are really cool, and it has that slightly mad, rich old lady feel that I am very much looking for in my clothes! I might consider buying it if a) the website wasn't so hard to figure out, and b) I hadn't already bought  my coat for the year. I went for Topshop's car coat. It's gorgeous, and I love the ovoid shape and big fur collar. It makes me feel super glamorous! It just bugs me that it's already so ubiquitous. Every other Brighton lass seems to have one...

No comments:

Post a Comment