Wednesday 21 September 2011

Do the Skull and Bones!

I've always struggled a bit with bling. I rarely come across stuff that I really love, and as a result, my outfits tend toward under-embellishment. Over the past few months, though, I've finally started to figure out why I stay away from jewellery; it often feels too feminine or too delicate for my aesthetic. I'm all for a maximalist approach to dressing, but a lot of the pieces I come across feel fussy in the wrong way.

So, in the interests of broadening my style horizons, I've been making the effort to experiment with those tougher, less girly pieces which might prove a better fit with my personal style. This has involved a lot of animal skulls, for some reason, as the images below will demonstrate:

Woodpecker Skull Necklace

Stag skull necklace

Ram's Skull Necklace
Apologies for the shitty quality of that last image - I just snapped it right now. Apologies, too, that I cannot send you rushing off to the high street to buy your own creepy skull necklaces; all of mine came from craft fares and boutique-y places. I do have a post on creepy insect jewellery coming up, though, so be sure to stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment