Sunday 25 September 2011

Socks with Everything

As I mentioned in my review of the Mulberry show, I am very pleased by the number of little socks on the Spring 2012 catwalks. They've cropped up at Anna Sui, Marc Jacobs, House of Holland, and elsewhere.

Anna Sui, Spring 2012
Marc Jacobs, Spring 2012
House of Holland, Spring 2012 (Images from Style.com)

This suits me, because my ankle sock obsession is pretty much out of control right now. I've long been working socks as a daytime accessory to add a jolt of colour or quirk to an otherwise unremarkable ensemble...


... but the day version turned out to be a gateway sock. I've now graduated onto the harder stuff, and have started working socks for evening. I get some funny looks wearing this Calvin Klein dress with a white vintage belt, gold Marks and Spencer's shoes, and pink Topshop ankle socks, but it just feels so right! I am definitely not ready to let this micro-trend go just yet, and plan to try socks with everything until well into the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment