Wednesday 28 September 2011

More Sugary Shades: Marni Spring 2012

The Marni collection, shown as part of Milan Fashion Week, ticked all of my style boxes: bright colours; bold patterns; sharp collars; and neat, vintage-y shapes. In some ways, it was vaguely reminiscent of the Mulberry Spring 2012 show, particularly in its use of ankle socks and ice cream shades.



So pretty, and I love the slim-fitting organza slips peeping out from beneath the different skirt lengths. For me, though, it was the eccentric, retro-feel prints that really stole the show.






I love the complementary yet mismatched use of pattern, and I am particularly enamoured with the spotted look. I think the houndstooth check bag works perfectly, and the contrasting polka dots of the dress and the collar would be such a fun look to try at home. It certainly wasn't an understated collection, then, and yet there was a certain clean elegance about it. I just hope that the high street takes note; I will be thoroughly disappointed now if the shops of Spring 2012 aren't saturated with sugar-high shades and brave, bold prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment