Thursday 29 September 2011

The Future is Full of Virtual Haircuts

For many people, the prospect of taking a trip to the hairdressers can be both stressful and unwelcome. You need only witness the makeover episodes of Top Model to realize how emotive an issue hair can be - a bad cut or a shoddy dye job can completely effect the way that a person feels about herself. If you're thinking of having a restyle but are wary about experimenting, I recommend the InStyle Hollywood Hair Virtual Makeover.


For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, it basically allows you to upload a photograph of yourself, and then to 'try on' celebrity styles like so many unflattering wigs. You can easily tweak the cuts so that they sit more or less correctly, and it can provide literally hours of good, time waste-y fun. In my experience, it tends to work best if the photo shows you face on to the camera, and the colour can sometimes come out a little odd, but other than that, it's pretty nifty. If you have no idea what suits you, or are just keen to explore ideas in a totally commitment-free way, then this might be the tool for you.

Predictably, I didn't use the Virtual Makeover do anything as useful as planning my next style. Instead, I threw myself into trying on the weirdest celebrity looks I could find. Below are some of the images I came up with - three (pretty crazy) alternative realities of my wedding day!

Gwen Stefani
Evan Rachel Wood
Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment