Tuesday 13 September 2011

Print on Demand

I'm loving the images coming in from New York Fashion Week 2011. I am particularly mesmerised by all the gorgeous prints - pattern and colour galore! It's right up my street. Check out these images from the Vogue website:

Derek Lam Spring 2012
Preen Spring 2012
DVF Spring 2012
I particularly love the Preen collection, with its pixelated pastels, lacy details, and miniaturized peplums. My absolute favourite so far, though, has to be Thakoon. The blazing brights, insistent prints, and gorgeous gold-tipped booties blow my mind, whilst the sugared almond hair is dreamy and delicious.





I'm less keen on the cowboy-style hats and some of the cross-body sari details, but there is a lot of this that I would just love to wear. It would certainly cheer up a long day in the library! I am particularly inspired by the extravagant, exploded paisley print which crops up throughout the collection, often placed in juxtaposition with other lavish fabric choices. 



It's given me some great ideas to try out with my new Asos shirt (pictured below). I've been working it with brown suede shorts, grey tights and Chelsea boots, but I think it's time to draw inspiration from Thakoon and pair it with something a little bit bolder. Bring on the Spring 2012 print clash!





No comments:

Post a Comment