Thursday 15 September 2011

I dress like a nerd, but I did get the grades

My vibe was more librarian than neon today - an old pair of taupe paperbag waist trousers from Zara, a burgundy Asos polo neck, and some nerdy, tortoiseshell-framed glasses. I finished the look with the ultimate geek chic accessory, too - a PhD thesis. Yes, after approximately three years and two weeks of exhausting, frustrating, and massively fulfilling doctoral research, I today handed in my magnum opus. Winner!





Besides the all-important thesis, I accessorized my look with some little brown loafers (£14 from Peacocks!) and a fruity Kenneth Jay Lane necklace. I am still waiting for somebody to look at this piece and say 'Nice pear.' Come on people! It's a Carry On gag waiting to happen! 




Right now, however, this outfit is in a heap in the corner, and I'm slumped on the couch in a fleecy onesie. I was up until 6 o'clock this morning proof reading my work, and I only managed to get about three hours sleep before I was up and on the train to uni. Now it's most definitely my bed time. I just hope I don't have nightmares about my Viva...

No comments:

Post a Comment